Assoc. Prof. Ngo Duc Thanh, USTH
From France : CNES, Observatoire de Paris, Université Paris Diderot, Université Paris-Est Créteil (Laboratoire Interuniversitaires des Systèmes Atmosphériques (UPEC-LISA), Centre d'Etudes Spatiales de la BIOsphère (CESBIO)
From Vietnam : Hanoi National University of Education (Department of Physics), VNSC-VAST, VNU Hanoi, Institute of Geophysics-VAST, USTH WEO and ICT Departments
This research team was set up in 2016. The research laboratory of the Department of Space and Aeronautics is being developed, focusing on the 3 following axes:
- Earth observations and modeling, Satellite technologies, and Astrophysics.
Several research projects are under construction and implementation, including:
- Salt Water Intrusion over the coastal areas of Vietnam, aiming at setting-up an information and a monitoring system as well as at understanding the main drivers of saltwater intrusion by using advanced remote sensing data and numerical models.
- Laboratory Infrared instrumentation for space and environmental science applications, aiming at implementing a small infrared laboratory for high precision spectroscopic measurements on gaseous molecular compounds relevant for atmospheric pollution and climate change.
- Development of a remote sensing image database and associated services to promote researches and applications of remote sensing data in Vietnam.
- High performance computing with GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) for aerospace science
- Vietnamese contribution to the SVOM (Space-based multi-band astronomical Variable Objects Monitor) mission, which is a new generation gamma ray burst (GRB) mission.
ReMoSat is located on the 7th
floor of USTH main building, on VAST Campus
French Institutions Members
Thuy Le Toan, Centre d'Etudes Spatiales de la BIOsphere (CESBIO), France
Catherine Prigent, Paris Observatory, France
Nicolas Delbart, Paris Diderot University, France
Filipe Aires, Paris Observatory, France
Damien Gratadour, University Paris- Diderot
Gérard Rousset, LESIA/Observatoire de Paris - University Paris-Diderot
Ha Tran, Laboratoire Inter- Universitaire des Systemes Atmospheriques (LISA), France
Martin Schwell, UPEC
Vietnamese Institutions Members
Lam Dao Nguyen, Vietnam Southern Satellite Technology Application Center, V AST
Phan Van Tan, VNU Hanoi University of Science
Nguyen Van Hiep, Institute of Geophysics, VAST
Nguyen Dac Da, PhD student
Pham Duc Binh, PhD student, currently in Paris Observatory
Ngoc Trinh Bich, PhD student , WEO - SPACE