Our Research activities focus on the development of Innovative Technologies and Systems : Information and Communication Technologies, Biotechnology and Nanotechnology and their applications in the fields of Space, Health, Energy Management and Environmental Protection.
To implement Research activities, and according to the 2009 Vietnam France intergovernmental agreement, USTH has the mission to set up Joint International Research Laboratories, with a focus on joint collaborations between USTH Vietnamese researchers and teams from Research and Training Institutions from French Consortium.
By the end of 2016, a number of joint international research units have been implemented:
- Biology, Pharmacology, Agriculture and Medecine Department: the LMI RICE-2 (Laboratoire Mixte International) - “Functional Genomics and Biotechnology for Plants and associated Microorganisms”, created in 2011 and actually located on Agricultural Genetics Institute, VAAS.
- Biology, Pharmacology, Agriculture and Medecine Department: the LMI DRISA “ Drug Resistance in South Asia”, created in 2016 and located in NIHE, in Hanoi.
- Information and Communication Technology Department: the joint laboratory ICTLab created in 2014 and located at USTH.
- Water, Environment and Oceanography Department: the joint laboratory HILO created in 2014 and located at USTH.
- Energy Department: the joint laboratory CLEAN-ED created in 2015 and located at USTH.
- Advanced Materials Science and NanoTechnology Department: the research team NENS, created in 2016 and located at USTH.
- Space and Applications Department: the research team ReMoSat, created in 2016 and located at USTH.