The main tasks of DRITT are:
- Preparing strategic policy and annual planning of Research (including budget and human resources allocation) in the scientific departments of USTH
- Implement funding mechanisms and quality assessment of research, in agreement with the USTH strategic policy
- Manage the Research budget in strong interactions with the Departments and Research partners
- Promoting the USTH Research and Technology activity towards academic and industrial partners
- Developping the USTH Industry linkage policy and promote industrial partnership
- Designing and implementing pilot projects on Infrastructure Sharing between USTH, private companies and Vietnam partner institutions (including technological platforms, technology transfer centers)
- Developping industrial policy and links in the Bachelor, Master and PhD programs (including economic and technological watch, training programs in the Industry sector, participation of Industry experts in USTH programs, development of Junior Businesses and Students associations for Corporate Social Responsibility).