The well-structured Bachelor program at USTH is built based on the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) as in most of European countries, with the study program equivalent to 180 Credits in three years (60 Credits/year).
USTH understands that lecturers play a crucial role in the process of student learning. Therefore, all Vietnamese and international lecturers are recruited by a very selective jury, based on their pedagogical competence, knowledge on their subject fields and technology skills.
In USTH’s innovative study environment, we also hope the students will provide their own motivation and their own discipline to develop their cognitive abilities to bear on the subject matters. Besides, a number of courses offered at USTH and a long internship require students to gain many valuable skills which can help them to be successful in industrial or professional environment after graduation.
Starting with a foundation year, our training program in the first year helps students make a smooth transition into any particular specialties with the following significances:
- The autumn English course at the very beginning equips first-year students with basic English knowledge for scientific courses afterwards.
- The innovative scientific program with enormous knowledge progressively orients the students from the basic of natural sciences towards 8 different training fields in the second and third year.
- Management sciences courses develop students’ soft skills and practical skills which are essential for working not only in research, but also in today’s business.
In the second and third year, USTH offers 8 training fields chosen by the French and Vietnamese governments, based on the needs of the Vietnam’s science and technology development:
- Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology
- Food Science and Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Medical Science and Technology
- Pharmacological, Medical and Agronomical Biotechnology
- Space and Applications
- Water – Environment – Oceanography
USTH guarantees the students with a bachelor degree and their competitiveness will be highly evaluated by graduate employers. In addition, graduates will have a great opportunity to enroll our Master’s degree programs that are accredited by both France and Vietnam.