Bachelor Program in Information and Communication Technology, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) aims to provide students the basic knowledge and solid professional knowledge, necessary social skills to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and in the international environment; personal qualities and and sense of life-long learning to succeed in career; political qualities and sense of serving community.
Information and Communication Technology program at USTH provides students:
- Basic knowledge and skills to work for Information& Communication Technology;
- Specialized skills, social skills and personal characteristics to efficiently work in multi-sector and international enterprises;
- Political qualities, morality, health and sense of serving community.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
The objectives of Information and Communication Technology program at USTH are clearly reflected in the below expected learning outcomes:
1. Solid professional knowledge to adapt to various jobs of researching theories, modeling ideas, designing and develping technology solutions, consulting and managing required systems in field of Information and Communication Technology.
1.1 Ability to apply basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, statistic probability… to describe, caculate and simulate, design and develop Computer systems.
1.2 Ability to apply basic knowledge of programming, coding, database, discrete mathematics, operation systems, information systems, computer structures, computer networks, … to do research and analyse systems, products in Information Technology.
1.3 Ability to apply core knowledge of Information Technology, accompanying with ability to utilize advanced tools to design, implement, control and evaluate ICT systems; ability to analyse practical issues, design and develop Computer applications.
2. Personal and professional skills and attributes:
2.1 Reasoning and problem solving
2.2 Experimentation and knowledge discovery
2.3 System thinking and critical thinking
2.4 Creativity, activeness and seriousness
2.5 Professional Ethics, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability
2.6 Contemporary issue understandings and lifelong learning
3. Interpersonal skills for teamwork and international communication:
3.1 Leadership and skills to work in Cross-disciplinary teams
3.2 Communication skills: written communication, electronic/multimeadia communication, presentation, persuasive argument, effective negotiation
3.3 English skills, IELTS ≥ 6.5.
4. Conceiving, designing, implementing and operating systems/products/technical solutions in the enterprise and social context:
4.1 Awareness of relationship between ICT solutions and socio-economic and global contexts.
4.2 Ability to identify problems, form ideas for technical solutions, participate in ICT projects.
4.3 Ability to design and develop systems, products, technical solutions, plattform, network, database, common application infrastructure, system management, security, application systems, application package.
4.4 Ability to install and operate systems, products, technical solutions, plattform, network, database, common application infrastructure, system management, security, application systems, application package.
4.5 Ability to utilize and maintain systems, products, technical solutions, plattform, network, database, common application infrastructure, system management, security, application systems, application package.
Here is the detail of our academic program: ICT_Curriculum_2015-2016