Based on the collaboration with training institutions in France and the financial support from the scholarships program from Vietnamese and French side, in 2015, the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) calls for PhD candidates for the 2nd wave:
- Enrollment quota: 10
- PhD specialties
– Pharmacological, Medical and Agronomical Biotechnology (BP),
– Advanced Materials Science – Nanotechnology (MN),
– Water – Environment – Oceanography (WEO),
– Information and Communication Technology (ICT),
– Energy (RE),
– Space and Aeronautics (SA),
List-of-thesis-subjects – 2nd wave
- Mode of admission
- Preselecting dossiers at USTH,
- Interviewing directly with the specialty subcommittee including Vietnamese and French professors.
EN-thong bao tuyen sinh PhDCall for application to the PhD program of USTH Doctoral School 2015 (2nd wave)
Applicants have to submit 01 dossier in English to the UTSH Doctoral Admission Committee.
- Application form in English as in the template provided by USTH;
- Valid copies of degrees, certificates, transcripts of Bachelor and Master Levels. In case these papers are provided by a foreign university, the applicants should include the provisions to evaluate the study result of that university*;
- Valid copies of the foreign language certificates as regulated;
- Applicant’s letter presenting his/her desire (motivation Letter);
- Most updated resume in English (CV) presenting clearly the study process and achievements, professional experience or those of student activities;
- Letters of scientific guidance acceptance from supervisors and co-supervisors;
- Letters of recommendation from two Vietnamese or foreign professors on the applicants’ professional capacity;
- Summary of the research topic (Maximum of 10 A4 pages)
- Awards, prizes (if any)
Annex – PhD
* Applicants having completed their master programs but not yet received their diploma or official academic transcript can submit a provisional letter of graduation confirmation or temporary academic transcript (valid copies and thier translation in English). Successful candidates will be required to fulfill all those documents to be officially accepted.
- Format and sending of dossiers
All the documents must be presented on A4 paper in portrait orientation. The original dossier must be kept in a separated bag of 25 cm x 34 cm. Outer cover of the bag should be sealed as in the USTH template and the list of documents, the address, numbers of telephone and mobile phone, e-mail frequently used and fax (if any) of the applicants should be presented clearly there.
Applicants need to scan the above dossiers in English into PDF file only and not exceeding 6MB, send by email to the following address: email@example.com entitled : Admission.PhD <NAME OF DEPARTMENT><FULL NAME>.
- Time and place of dossier submission:
2nd wave: From September 4th, 2015 to November 5th, 2015
Application location: USTH Doctoral Admission Room 806, Training and Services Building, 18 Hoang Quoc Vietnam, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
Tel: +84-4 37 91 72 05
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Website: http://www.usth.edu.vn
Recruitment fee: 300,000 VND
Dossier and recruitment and interview fee are non-refundable under any circumstances