USTH is looking for a Public Relations Officer to join our PR and Marketing Team. Interested candidates please refer to the Terms of Reference
here: TOR- PR officer
Deadline for Application: July 1st, 2016 A Public Relations Officer represents the University as the face that the media and public sees; Scope of Work
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to the followings:
Qualifications, skill and experience requirements
- Planning, developing and implementing publicity strategies and campaigns, proposing the necessary annual and situational budget plans;
- Participating in the development of the university's marketing strategies
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations; Providing the public with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Developing good working relationships with the media.
- Writing press releases for the media about upcoming events
- When applicable and assigned to, speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Maintaining and updating information on the University website;
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Facebook;
- Conducting internal communications: send weekly/monthly newsletter, update information board, in-house events…
- Collecting and analysing media coverage;
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- Working with marketing and design teams for preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs…;
- Organising promotional events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days, tours and visits
- Enhancing internal communication and teamwork culture by creating and implementing internal activities and campaigns
- Have bachelor's degrees in fields, such as: journalism, public relations or marketing and communications or relevant fields.
- 05 years experience in media, PR
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Good English writing, speaking and translating
- Strong interpersonal skills and a capacity for problem-solving
- Creativity and initiative.
- Team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Computer literate with demonstrated ability in generic computer packages, such as: Microsoft Office and some familiarity with the Internet, databases and social networking platforms.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae