1. PhD specialties
- Space and Aeronautics (SA)
- Energy (EN)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Pharmacological, Medical en Agronomical Biotechnology (PMAB)
- Water-Environment-Oceanography (WEO)
- Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology (AMSN)
2. Mode of admission
- Preselecting dossiers at USTH,
- Interviewing directly with the specialty subcommittee including Vietnamese and French professors.
3. Requirements for applications
Having the formal Bachelor degree relevant to the registered specialty at USTH, with the grade point average (GPA) from 8.0/10 onwards (or equivalent); or the formal Master degree with GPA from 7.0/10 onwards (or equivalent)
3.2 Outline of the research proposal:
The outline of the research proposal should include all the content specified in the Annex 1 and :
- Must be signed and certified by the proposed supervisors,
- The research topic and the supervisors must be included in the list of research directions and the one of scientists of USTH for PhD applicants to be chosen,
- In case, the applicant finds another research topic out of the list, the topic must be applied for the permission of the UTSH Doctoral Admission Committee.
The research proposal must includes following informations :
- Topic or field of research;
- Reason for the choice of the topic or field of research;
- Overview of the research related to the topic or field of research;
- Target of the research;
- Implemention plan for each period of training;
- Experience, knowledge, understanding and preparations of applicants for the intended topic or field of research;
- Expected conditions for the laboratory and the research funding;
- Expected results;
- Intended plan for working after graduation;
- Proposal on supervisors
- At least two scientists, one French and one Vietnamese,
- Having at least the titles as doctors and above and at least 3 years of working experiences;
- Their names are in the USTH list of supervisors *.
* In case, the applicant would like to be instructed by scientists who are not in the USTH list, this must be approved by USTH before applying.
3.4 Foreign language requirement
- Applicants, who have the full time Bachelor and/or Master degrees abroad and whose study language is English, shall be exempted from providing foreign language certificates.
- Valid English certificates (not more than 2 years up to the application time), equivalent to B2 level under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR);
Call for application to the PhD training program at USTH 2016
4. Scholarship and Fellowship
PhD Applicants who meet one of the following criteria may be considered for the scholarship:
- Having graduated from Bachelor and Master Programs with very good level and upwards;
- Having done scientific publications (on domestic or international journals) or achieving the scientific research awards at a provincial or a national level;
- Being officers from ethnic minorities, remote areas, people with particularly difficult circumstances.
All information on the Scholarship are available on the website of USTH, click here
5. Application dossier
Applicants have to submit 01 dossier in English to the UTSH Doctoral Admission Committee.
English dossier :
- Application form in English as in the template provided by USTH;
- Valid copies of degrees, certificates, transcripts of Bachelor and Master Levels. In case these papers are provided by a foreign university, the applicants should include the provisions to evaluate the study result of that university*;
- Valid copies of the foreign language certificates as regulated;
- Applicant’s letter presenting his/her desire (motivation Letter);
- Most updated resume in English (CV) presenting clearly the study process and achievements, professional experience or those of student activities;
- Letters of scientific guidance acceptance from supervisors and co-supervisors;
- Letters of recommendation from two Vietnamese or foreign professors on the applicants’ professional capacity;
- Summary of the research topic (Maximum of 10 A4 pages)
- List of publications on National and International Magazines (if any)
- Awards, prizes (if any)
- Application to the USTH excellence Scholarship.
* Applicants having completed their master programs but not yet received their diploma or official academic transcript can submit a provisional letter of graduation confirmation or temporary academic transcript (valid copies and thier translation in English). Successful candidates will be required to fulfill all those documents to be officially accepted.
Click here to download Candidate Dossier!
6. Time and place of dossier submission:
1st wave :
Fr. May 15th, 2016 to July 31st, 2016
Preselection of dossier : August 2016
Interview : August 2016
Result publication and Enrollment : September 2016
2nd wave :
Fr. August 1st, 2016 to October 31st, 2016
Preselection of dossier : November 2016
Interview : November 2016
Result publication and Enrollment : November 2016
7. Admission fee and Tuition fee:
Tuition fee : 2000 USD/ Academic year. The tuition fee can be paid by semester
Admission fee / candidate ( non refundable in all case) : 500.000 VND/ candidate
8. Format and sending of dossiers
All the documents must be presented on A4 paper in portrait orientation. The original dossier must be kept in a separated bag of 25 cm x 34 cm. Outer cover of the bag should be sealed as in the USTH template and the list of documents, the address, numbers of telephone and mobile phone, e-mail frequently used and fax (if any) of the applicants should be presented clearly there.
Applicants need to scan the above dossiers in English into PDF file only and not exceeding 6MB, send by email to the following address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org entitled : Admission.PhD <NAME OF DEPARTMENT><FULL NAME>.
Further information on the details of the program can be found in both English and Vietnamese via USTH website at http://www.usth.edu.vn or directly contact:
USTH Doctoral Admission Room 806, Training and Services Building, 18 Hoang Quoc Vietnam, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
Tel : +84-4 37 91 72 05
Dossier and recruitment and interview fee are non-refundable under any circumstances