CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016 – 2017 MASTER PROGRAMS
USTH delivers degrees in compliance with the European Bologna system (LMD) (Bachelor/Master/PhD studies in 3/2/3 year-duration, respectively). The Master Program is a 2-year course with 4 semesters: Year 1 (M1) – Semester 1 and Semester 2; Year 2 (M2) – Semester 3 and Semester 4. The Master Degree is co-accredited by France and Vietnam and is broadly recognized in the world.
USTH teaching methods are based on high level of practices, and internships in research and development laboratories in Vietnam and abroad. The pedagogic teams of USTH are 100% composed of international and Vietnamese Professors and Doctors with international teaching experience. The official language used in teaching at USTH is English.
USTH offers seven training fields as follows:
Besides the above Research Master Programs, from the academic year 2016 – 2017, USTH also calls for applications to the Professional Master Programs with classes in the evenings and at weekends for those who are currently working in companies, universities or research institutes in these above fields:
- Water – Environment – Oceanography (WEO)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Energy (RE)
For this academic year 2016 – 2017, USTH calls for applications in Vietnam and abroad for the Research Master Programs and the Professional Master Programs with the target of 250 students.
Vietnamese and international students graduated from universities before 2015 or will graduate in 2015, with average good academic results and ability to use English for learning are eligible. Detailed admission information is available here
2. Admission Procedures
Admission procedure of USTH consists of 2 steps: preliminary selection and intervie
June 15, 2016
June – July 2016
August 30, 2016
- After admissions, USTH shall arrange students into the suitable English courses based on their English level. At the end of the courses, those who aren’t qualified in English will be requested to extend their English courses at USTH until all requirements are satisfied.Preliminary selection: screening on dossiers (details at Application dossier)
- Interview: shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in English by a jury. Invitations to an interview shall be delivered by email and telephone. Interview results shall be informed to each candidate within 10 days by email and post.
3. Enrollment Criteria
- Applicants must hold a university transcript of Average Good or above.
- Application must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of Average Good or above*
- Ability to communicate in English
- Certificate of foreign languages (English, French) (if any).
4. Application Dossier
* Applicants having completed their degree programs but not yet received their diploma or official academic transcript must submit a provisional letter of graduating confirmation or temporary academic transcript (Certified copies and English translation versions). Successful candidates are required to fulfill all those documents before enrollment.
Applicants are required to submit Application Form and Application Dossier to: University of Science and Technology of Hanoi, Training and Services Building, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Hanoi; and via email to the Academic departments under a PDF or ZIP file named “Admissions Master-<NAME OF DEPARTMENT>-<LAST NAME>-<FIRST NAME> (e.g. Admissions Master-BIO-NGUYEN VAN A).
5. Admission Fee and Tuition Fee
Interview fee: 100,000 VND/candidate, non-refundable in all cases.
Tuition fee for students holding Vietnamese passports: 19.980.000 VND/ semester, exclusive of the registration fee at the institution in France, collectible every semester, unchanged throughout the whole course.
Students coming from other countries: 44.400.000 VND/ semester
Tuition fee for intensive English course: free of charge
6. Scholarship and Fellowship
Since USTH is highly supported and sponsored by external funding (Asian Development Bank and Agribank) in addition to its own high-level state budget and industrial foundation, many candidates can access to our scholarship and fellowship program.
Merit – based scholarships and/or need-based fellowships (covering up to 100% tuition fees and living expenses) can be applied for during the application process; evaluated during dossier examination, and interviewed and decided after enrolment.
More information and further details including the study programs, tuition fees, dormitory and degrees can be found in English and Vietnamese at our website: http://www.usth.edu.vn or contact:
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF HANOI
Add: Room 805, 8th Fl., Bldg. Training and Service,
18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Tel: +84-4 37 91 77 47 / +84-4 37 91 86 18